Table of Contents
Is TikTok the right platform for your jewelry brand? Learn how to navigate TikTok for Business in this quick guide to the newest face of social media.
Let’s dive in!
What is TikTok?
TikTok, locally known as Douyin in its home market, China, is a video-sharing social networking service launched in September 2016. With a record of 689 million monthly users globally, TikTok is one of the top downloaded apps; thus, making it one of the best-loved apps globally, especially for specific demographics.
With an estimated penetration of 18% of internet users aged 16-64, TikTok has become a household name and is continuously rising through the ranks.
How Does TikTok Work?
TikTok’s main function is to allow users to create fun video content. It lets users film videos of themselves dancing and lip-syncing among many others while taking advantage of the platform’s vast library of effects, sound bites, filters, and songs.
The video content can be up to 15 seconds long, but you can upload longer videos using your phone’s native camera or any video recorded outside the app.
The key here is posting creative content but just because you can’t dance, it doesn’t mean you can’t use TikTok. You just have to know your audience and experiment with different ways to highlight your brand’s value proposition.
How to Navigate TikTok?
TikTok has two main areas for you to explore.
- The For You Page is where you can find top video creators and trending videos.
- The Following Page is the area where you can find the latest videos from video creators you follow.
Other features/pages include:
- Discover — where you can search and explore a wide variety of video content in the TikTok community. This is also where you’ll find trending videos, sponsored content, hashtags, and creators.
- Inbox — is the location for your notifications and direct messages.
- Me — this is your profile. It’s visible to you and to other users. You can make some parts of it private if you like.
- Create Video — this is the record screen where you can film your video content.
Now that you’re familiar with the basic functions of TikTok, it’s time to learn how you can use TikTok for Business to promote your jewelry brand.
How to Use Pinterest for Jewelry Business
Learn how to use Pinterest for jewelry business! Click the link now and find out how you can attract the right pinners for your brand.
TikTok for Business: Promoting Your Jewelry Brand
1. Experiment with different types of content.
When you know your audience, it’s easy to identify the type of content to create. However, don’t limit yourself to dancing and lip-syncing as you’re promoting your brand. As such, your content should consider the version of your brand that you want your followers to see.
Some examples of content that you can make are:
- Try-on videos.
- How-tos. For instance, show how to wear different types of necklaces based on different necklines; how to clean jewelry the right way, etc.
- Top five jewelry items in your collection.
- Unboxing. This is good in showcasing your branded packaging.
- User-generated content featuring your jewelry.
Be mindful though. Don’t let fun take away the value out of your content. Promote. Educate. Entertain.
2. Take advantage of paid advertisements.
TikTok provides advertisers with several options to showcase their brand to their target demographics.
- In-Feed Video — This allows your ads to appear in the news feed of TikTok on the For You page.
- Brand Takeover —Your ad appears immediately when TikTok users open the app; thereby, taking over the screen for a few seconds before it becomes an in-feed video ad.
- Hashtag Challenge —This allows your ad to appear on the Discovery page. Hashtag Challenge is good for increasing your engagement as it invites users to participate in creating content based on your campaign theme. It benefits your reputation, boosts awareness, and supports users’ love for creating content.
- Custom Influencer Package —Your ad appears as a sponsored content created by TikTok influencers in your niche.
Jewelry E-Commerce Tips: How to Sell Jewelry on Instagram
How to sell jewelry on Instagram? If you’re one of those online jewelry retailers who haven’t received the memo yet, we’re here to tell you that Instagram could potentially be…
3. Encourage user participation.
Unlike other social media platforms, TikTok relies on user interaction and engagement; hence, user-generated content can define the success of your campaign.
When posting video content on TikTok, post content that encourages users to participate. For instance, you can ask questions in your videos, start a challenge, or ask them to send in videos of them unboxing your jewelry product. Take advantage of the duet/react feature where you can reply to a video, create a split-screen, and do endless reactions like the one above.
Remember, authenticity and uniqueness are two critical factors here. TikTok allows you to present a less curated version of your brand, so do away from staged and perfected videos.
4. Use hashtags.
Similar to other social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram, hashtags are a powerful tool in building searchable content and an audience.
Hashtags help your content to reach the right audience. It increases the visibility of your content by making it easier for users to look for specific content.
When using hashtags, remember the basic rules.
- Use the # before your keywords.
- Avoid using punctuations or spaces in your hashtags
- Do not use numbers alone. Make it relevant to your brand.
- Keep it short.
5. Decide how often you’ll post.
One of the critical factors to consider when you start your brand journey on TikTok for Business is the frequency of posts. By knowing how often you’ll post per week, you’ll get to establish a routine for content brainstorming.
Create and commit to a schedule that’s doable for you. Instead of overwhelming yourself by posting three times a day every day, post three times a week and build up your way from there.
Further, to identify the right time when to post, track the analytics to see what works for you and build your content strategy and schedule around it.
Take note, consistency is key, and social media platforms reward consistency. By consistently posting, you get to build an audience, grow your audience engagement and reach, and improve your brand awareness.
5 Practical Tips for Selling Jewelry on Zoom
Here are 5 tips for selling jewelry on Zoom so you can keep your sales rolling even in this difficult time. Click the link & read on!
Over to you!
Knowing what you know now about TikTok, do you think this is the right platform for marketing your jewelry business?
It all boils down to your customer demographics and when you find them there, know that it has the potential to help your business grow, especially that jewelry lacks representation on TikTok.
If you’re ready to use TikTok for Business, head on there and tell us which of the tips above helped you get the most out of your jewelry marketing strategy.