In this how-to guide, we’ll show how you can create professional jewelry product videos without being a professional.
Before we start, let’s talk about you — the jeweler.
1. You’ve come across many professional jewelry product videos on Instagram and you’ve seen the endless stream of comments and likes.
3. You’ve done some research and you know these jewelers are spending at least $100 per video
4. You’ve also found out that if you wanted 360 videos of your jewelry, you’ll need to send them to a professional photographer and as well as place a minimum order
5. You don’t have the budget to spend ridiculous sums of money on professional equipment and software.
6. You also don’t have the budget to afford an in-house photographer
7. You don’t have the time to learn about jewelry videography
8. But you just need professional 360 jewelry product videos because you know what it can do your business.
Does this sound like you?
If it does, don’t worry as we’ve addressed every issue listed above. What this means for your jewelry business is that there is literally nothing stopping you or anyone in your team from shooting studio-quality jewelry videos. Read below to find out!
How to Create Professional Jewelry Product Videos Without Being a Professional
Step 1. Acquire the GemLightbox and the GemLightbox Turntable ($1,298)
The GemLightbox is the world’s first smartphone jewelry lightbox that allows you to capture studio-quality images using just your smartphone. Made by jewelers, for jewelers, GemLightbox creates beautiful reflections in metals with 100% color accuracy against a white background. Simply plug in the power and you’re ready to go. There’s no training required meaning that anyone with a smartphone on your team can shoot beautiful images. GemLightbox is truly the ultimate DIY jewelry photography setup.
The GemLightbox Turntable is an additional plugin that works only with the GemLightbox. The GemLightbox Turntable allows users to bring their jewelry photography to the next level, by enabling them to shoot professional 360-degree jewelry product videos against a white background. Once again, simply plug the power into the GemLightbox Turntable and you’re ready to go.
Step 2. Download the GemLightbox application on your mobile device ($0)
The GemLightbox application is absolutely FREE and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. Simply follow the download instructions and open the GemLightbox application. You can then wirelessly connect to the GemLightbox Turntable via Bluetooth, and voila, you’re ready to start shooting!
Step 3. Start recording studio-quality 360 jewelry product videos on a white background
Center your jewelry inside of the GemLightbox Turntable, and adjust the rotation, speed, focus, and brightness on the GemLightbox application before capturing a professional 360 jewelry video. You can try experimenting with different camera angles to see what works best with your jewelry products.
We have engineered the GemLightbox application so that your camera settings remain fixed once you tap to focus. What this means is that you will be able to shoot your whole inventory using the same camera setting. Any images and videos captured are then safely stored on the GemLightbox gallery, separate from your personal files.
Step 4. Upload to your online store or social media channels
From the GemLightbox gallery, you can upload your professionally recorded 360-degree jewelry product videos to your website, or directly onto your favorite social media platforms. We’ve written a blog article here as to how to make the best use of your 360-degree jewelry product videos.
Step 5. Edit your 360-degree jewelry product videos on your phone
If you’ve recorded multiple 360-degree videos of your jewelry products, consider compiling them into one video as a product showcase. This will help you stand out from a fiercely competitive market. You can use free mobile applications such as Splice to compile your video. The example video below took less than 5 minutes to compile.
Looks amazing, isn’t it?
What we did was:
1. Queued the 360-degree jewelry product videos that were recorded one after the other in Splice
2. Also queued the outro video for Picup Media
3. Used the default 1-second transition delay between each video
4. Added a soundtrack from default audio library in Splice
5. Applied the “Ken Burns” effect to each video to zoom into the center stone of the ring
6. Replayed the video so it was perfect
7. Exported to my local gallery and uploaded to YouTube
Using Splice, you can also add text to give a description of your jewelry products. Facebook statistics from 2018 revealed that 85% of videos were played without sound, therefore it’s important that your message is communicated effectively via text.
And there you go! By spending less than $1,300 you’ve enabled yourself to show an unlimited number of professional 360-degree jewelry product videos in which anyone in your business can follow! If you have any other video suggestions, please comment below.