eBay and Amazon Image Requirements: Optimizing Your Jewelry Product Photography for E-Commerce Platforms
Amazon image requirements, like in other e-commerce platforms, have been the subject of discussion among online retailers. This blog post will outline how Picup Media can assist in Photo retouching for eBay and Amazon.
Have you heard of the latest Amazon image requirements? Our blog post today will reveal the fine details and policies of images standardization on third-party selling sites.
As a product seller on eBay and Amazon, you must adhere to the requirements for listing products, especially to the product images specifications. Buyers are attracted by great product photos online so, you’ll have a high probability of getting sales by posting photos that sell.
How to get the correct eBay and Amazon image requirements and display jewelry product photos that sell? It’s simple! Just follow these two easy steps.
Step 1. Shoot high-quality product photos
First, you need to shoot high-quality photos of your product from different angles! Any idea why?
You see, buyers want to view the product from almost all angles and since they have no way of inspecting your product physically, they would rely on photos to determine its quality and features.
The more photos you provide – the better! Buyers will have more confidence in shopping and will boost your chance of turning your listings into sales. eBay offers a posting of up to 12 photos for FREE.
Step 2. Follow the eBay and Amazon image requirements
Next, you have to follow the photo guidelines or the exact eBay and Amazon image requirements as defined by these two platforms. In conforming to the guidelines, you will use photos that represent your products the best, attract interested buyers, and help lessen cases of disputes needed to be resolved.
The photo quality requirements for eBay are:
- Minimum of 1 image per product. Product listing without photos is no longer allowed. Use copyright-free images if you cannot photograph your product.
- At least 500 pixels on each side and maximum of 1600 pixels on the longest side. To ensure that your photo is large enough, set your camera default to Medium or High photo quality.
- Images with text, border, or any added artwork are not allowed and items should be photographed against a neutral-colored backdrop.
- Watermarks are allowed but should not be used for marketing purposes but for attribution or to indicate ownership only. The watermark should not exceed 5 percent of the total image area; have an opacity of 50 percent or below, and never obscure the product. You can use the eBay watermark creation service to ensure that your watermarks are compliant.
- Stock photos are only allowed for unused, brand-new items but not on the used item listing.
- The free zoom/enlarge feature on the View item is automatically disabled if your photo is HIGH RESOLUTION and be on the range of 800 – 1600 pixels on the longest side.
Amazon Product Photography
Amazon requires compliance on the following technical specifications when posting images. These are as follows:
- Photos should have at least 1280 pixels on the longest side, but 2560 or bigger is preferred.
- File names should include the product identifier (Amazon ASIN, 13-digit ISBN, EAN, JAN, or UPC) followed by a full stop and the appropriate file extension. For example: B000129456.jpg or 1237425973485.tif. Dashes, spaces, or additional characters in the filename will prevent your image from going online. Additional views of products can be submitted by adding 4-character variant codes to filenames, for example, B001173456.PT01.jpg.
To be able to operate as a seller, you must comply with the following:
- Only photos of the product being sold or its cover art are allowed not illustrations or drawings.
- The photo should be free of additional objects that might confuse the buyer.
- The photo must be PROFESSIONALLY LIT, IN FOCUS, WITH REALISTIC COLOUR, and SMOOTH EDGES.
- Scans of the front cover art of Books, Music, and Video/DVD that fills 100% of the image frame should be used for these items while other products should occupy 85 percent or more of the image frame.
- Backgrounds must be PURE WHITE (RGB 255,255,255).
- Additional text, graphics, or inset images are not allowed for the photos.
- Offensive and pornographic materials are prohibited.
By complying with eBay and Amazon image requirements, you can create saleable product listings that can make you an effective product seller.
Our company, Picup Media has helped many eBay and Amazon online store owners by retouching their images to make them compliant with the photo guidelines. Specializing in jewelry photo retouching and other professional photo editing services, Picup Media has turned thousands of raw and dull images into beautiful, eye-catching ones! Photos with high-resolution, realistic color, smooth edges, and ones that truly keep products in focus – Picup Media has successfully produced them all!
If you need help conforming to product image requirements of eBay and Amazon, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d be thrilled to work with you!